Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Band



Today in one of my classes we watched Drumline. It reminded me of high school. Marching Band still fills me with pride. I was a member of some awesome Marching Bands. Millbrook High with the Piccolos and Flutes. Coral Glades High as Drum Major and Sousaphone. And with Timpview High with the Flutes and Piccolos again.



Last Sunday a friend of mine told me that I was one of the most engaged people he had ever met. He said that I am so involved in the things that I do, and that I'm always doing something. I took that for quite a compliment.


I tried to be involved in the Indoor Drumline while I was at Coral Glades, and I would have been, were it not for the other things I was involved in. My year at CGHS taught me so much. It was where I learned how to manage my time, and really understand what I was capable of doing and what I didn't have time for. In the years since I moved away, my marching band has won some major competitions and were even 2A state champions one year. I'm proud of them.


As I watch this movie, I can't help but be a little critical of some of the music, and a lot of the marching. And I can't help but wonder, do I still know what an 8-5 feels like?



No comments: