Friday, October 19, 2012

Get Fit Fridays - Week 1

I know I'm not the only one, but I have some goals to be healthier, and one of those goals is to eat more nutritious foods. And if I happen to lose some weight, then so be it ...Really though, who am I kidding? Losing the weight is what motivates me.

So here's the plan.... I am going to post weekly about my weight-loss/get healthy goals and progress. Why? Because I need someone to be accountable to, and because I would love to hear your stories!Pleae feel free to join me in this get healthy adventure. Just send me a comment/e-mail/etc. and I will be happy to post your progress or a link to your blog post too. And thus begins:







Overall Goal:
Lose 20% of body weight (I will not be posting my weight on here)

Motivation:
% to lose     -     Reward
       17%     -     Hair cut
       14%     -     Nails
       11%     -     Massage
         7%     -     New make up
         4%     -     Pedicure
         0%     -     Shopping Spree

Goal for this week: Read the Primal Blueprint. I am hoping that it will encourage me to adopt a lifestyle change based around health. This is the basis of my husband's change in health, and he has made incredible progress so far. I'm proud of him, and I'm hoping that the principles I learn will help me too.

Here's how I'll structure it: Week 1 - Make and Post goals. Weeks 2 through ? - Start recording progress against those goas, as well as a health-related challenge and accomplishment for that week, related insights, and recipes that fit in with my new Primal lifestyle.

So, what are your health-related goals and how do you plan to accomplish them?


3 comments:

Heather Macbeth said...

That's really interesting that you're starting this because I just started a post-baby diet this week. I want to lose 14% of my body weight. I've already given up a lot of my bad habits (aka eating chocolate all day). Both of my mom's siblings were just diagnose with diabetes within 2 months of each other so we all sort of feel like we have targets on our backs. So really I say I'm doing it to get healthy, but I'm doing it just as much so that I don't look gross. Hopefully reading your blog will encourage me to keep going, too!

Raquel said...

Go Ibit! I still have a few lbs left of baby weight, but the best thing I've done is substitute bad eating habits with good ones gradually. For example, I love drinking fruit juices but it's a terrible thing when you drink calories all day long so I started drinking water with lemon instead and that alone cut out probably about 300-500 calories a day for me. Good luck!

Morgan said...

This is awesome! I want to lose 11% of my weight, but I totally suck at it....I keep gaining. :( The funniest part about this post is that you've put a pedicure as more reward than a massage or buying new makeup - both of which cost at least twice as much. Haha! Love you - I'm behind you all the way!