Friday, August 28, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain


Last Sunday I went to the dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was beautiful, and I'm so thankful that this one has been built. Yes, I have a closer temple to attend, but I know that the Lord is thinking of us, and that we are thinking of Him, every time that another temple is built.
I think I remember this being a foyer area.

Branden and I went to the open house together on Thursday, July 30. It was a lot of fun. It's so beautiful, and the pictures don't do it justice. We went at the evening, so every chandelier glistened and sparkled. Branden and I had a great time. It started with a movie about the temple, and then we got to wait in line before we went inside. The wait wasn't that bad, but it was cold and windy night. I tried to hide behind him, and he worried about his tents. Inside I was amazed by the majesty of the building. It was beautiful, even down to the detail of stars etched in the windows. On the third and highest floor are the sealing rooms, where couples are married and sealed to their children for all time and eternity. It just serves as a subtle reminder that that's the whole purpose of the temple. It was our last "stop," though on our way out we walked through the Bride's room. Temples are just special places. Branden and I were so happy as we walked back towards our car, and afterward we drove by the Jordan Mountain Temple, because I had never seen it before.
The baptismal font.

A waiting area.

This room is painted to look like the surrounding landscape. It's gorgeous!

This and the two pictures that follow are the celestial room.

This is another waiting area.

This is a sealing room where people get married.
Their family and closest friends come and watch. It's just more private than normal weddings.


This is the stairway. I think it looks prettier from the bottom looking up.

This and the next one are pictures of the bride's room.


That night on the way home we talked about which temple we wanted to get married in. Funny thing is we weren't yet engaged. Now all of that is irrelevant.

I'm so thankful for temples. Their whole purpose is to unite families throughout all of eternity, and I can't wait until I can one day be married in the temple for all time and eternity. What a blessing.


{I love temples.}

1 comment:

Marie said...

I love the Oquirrh Mountain temple. It's so pretty! :) It reminds me a lot of a hotel in NY the way the stairs are in the middle. Still pretty though. :D