Wednesday, November 18, 2009

First Offer I'm Considering

Well, today was a dream come true! As difficult as it has been to find interviews at this time, I've had a few, and I've been pleasantly surprised about the outcomes for those. I interviewed with a particular company that has two sets of double interviews. When I got my response from the first set, I started crying. They wanted me to come for an on-site interview. I felt like my on-site interview went really well, but I didn't hear back within the time frame that they had given me. As of Friday, I didn't hear back within the time frame that I was expecting. I finally stopped eagerly checking my e-mail every five minutes, and I figured that my chances were low of getting a position. I was debating sending another follow-up e-mail, almost to ask them if I would be contacted if I wasn't selected.

As I headed home to think about how to word this e-mail, I stopped in the grocery store to get a few ingredients for Barbecue Chicken. (yum!) As a splurge I decided to get a small chocolate ice cream cone from the deli. As I was checking out, my phone rang, and I figured it was probably someone from the insurance agency calling me about my car. Well, turns out it was that company extending me an offer of employment. I was barely able to pay for my ice cream I was in such shock. I'm pretty sure that I circled the store about 3 times, and all I needed was chicken and ketchup!

I came home and made dinner for me and my friends to celebrate this occasion. I haven't accepted the position yet, and I'll update everyone when I make my decision. Still, today is a special day in my life - the day I got the first offer that I'm considering.