Monday, November 23, 2009

"Things I've Done"

This is a pretty interesting list. I stole this off of facebook. The whole idea is to post done beside the things that you've done.


1. Started your own blog -
Done

2. Slept under the stars -
Done

3. Played in a band -
Done (flute, clarinet, and tuba in school bands, and Drums and guitar in a garage band)

4. Visited Hawaii -


5. Watched a meteor shower
Done

6. Given more than you can afford to charity- mmm... what does afford mean? I've given the last cent I had, but I haven't taken out a loan to donate money.


7. Been to Disneyland/world -
Done

8. Climbed a mountain -
Done

9. Held a praying mantis -
Done

10. Sang a solo- Ha


11. Bungee jumped -


13. Watched a lightning storm at sea –
Done

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch -
Done

15. Adopted a child -


16. Had food poisoning -
Done

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty- I'm so mad that they don't let you do this anymore.


18. Grown your own vegetables -
Done

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France -
Done

20. Slept on an overnight train -


21. Had a pillow fight -
Done

22. Hitch hiked - Yea right.


23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill -
Done (and it made miss the national honor society inductions when I was in 11th grade.)

24. Built a snow fort
Done

25. Held a lamb -


26. Gone skinny dipping -


27. Run a Marathon - no desire... though I'm still considering a Triathlon


28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice -


29. Seen a total eclipse -
probably?

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset -
Done

31. Hit a home run!-
Done in my back yard as a kid

32. Been on a cruise-


33. Seen Niagara Falls in person -


34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors -
I visited the homestead of my grandfather's family (and of course his grave)

35. Seen an Amish community -


36. Taught yourself a new language –
Done

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied -


38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person -


39. Gone rock climbing-
Done

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David -


41. Sung karaoke -
Done

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt -


43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - I've brought a stranger a meal from a restaurant.


44. Visited Africa –


45. Walked on a beach by moonlight -
Done

46. Been transported in an ambulance -


47. Had your portrait painted -
Done

48. Gone deep sea fishing -


49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person -


50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris -
Done

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling -
Done

52. Kissed in the rain -
Done

53. Played in the mud
Done (what kid hasn't)

54. Gone to a drive-in theater - This is going into my goals list!


55. Been in a movie –
Done

56. Visited the Great Wall of China -


57. Started a business -
Done

58. Taken a martial arts class -


59. Visited Russia -


60. Served at a soup kitchen -


61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies -
Done

62. Gone whale watching -


63. Gotten flowers for no reason -
Done

64. Donated blood, platelets, plasma -
Done

65. Gone sky diving -


66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp -


67. Bounced a check - :-) no... though I did overdraft about $500 when I got my wisdom teeth removed. Right after regaining consciousness I didn't realize that putting it on the wrong card mattered.


68. Flown in a helicopter-


69. Saved a favorite childhood toy -
Done

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial -


71. Eaten Caviar - Def. turned that one down, though I think I've tried escargot


72. Pieced a quilt
Done

73. Stood in Times Square -
Done

74. Toured the Everglades -
Done

75. Been fired from a job -


76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London -
Done

77. Broken a bone -


78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
-Done

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person -
Done (but from the car, and nowhere close enough for it to look any bigger than a crack)

80. Published a book - one of my life goals


81. Visited the Vatican -


82. Bought a brand new car -
Done - if it couts me picking it out with my mom and her buying it for herself. It is the car that I have today.

83. Walked in Jerusalem -


84. Had your picture in the newspaper
Done

85. Read the entire Bible -
Done

86. Visited the White House


87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - I leave that up to the boys.


88. Had chickenpox -
Done

89. Saved someone’s life -
???

90. Sat on a jury -


91. Met someone famous -
Done

92. Joined a book club -


93. Lost a loved one -
Done

94. Had a baby -


95. Seen the Alamo in person -


96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake -
I touched it. That's about all I want to do I think. We'll see after I get involved with the GSLYC.

97. Been involved in a law suit -


98. Owned a cell phone -
Done - in two countries

99. Been stung by a bee-


100. Read someone else's "Things I've Done" List - DONE

This has definitely given me a few more ideas for my goal list!

No comments: