Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hectic.


I'm beginning to think that life never slows down or gets less hectic. Yesterday, like the irresponsible person I am, I went shopping with my little sister. It was fun, but was a very bad use of my time. By the time I got home, I still hadn't finished my part of my group project, or studied for my finance exam that I forgot about.


This morning I woke up early to start on homework and studying. I put in my new contacts (new prescription), and I couldn't believe how crisp the world was. I ran to class at 9:30, just to find out that class was canceled, but we were still expected to turn in our homework. I was a little frustrated, but it wasn't too bad. When I got back home I turned back to my homework and studying...though I spent more time locating resources than anything else.


Well, seeing as how today was so beautiful, Aaron and I couldn't help ourselves. We went for another motorcycle ride. For me, our rides are always a time of reflection. A time to be introspective, and a time to thank God for the beauty of the world and my life. I've realized something on these rides--the writer in me comes out. When I was little, I used to narrate my life. I'd add "she said" or "he said" or "she thought" or "she felt" or "she decided" etc. to just about anything. I do that while I'm on the back of the motorcycle. And I think I've discovered why it is that I'm always chasing adventures. Yes I do love trying new things, but even more than that, when I write my life in my journal, I want my children to find it interesting. I don't want them to be bored. And I think I secretly (not secretly now though) have wanted to write a book one day based on my life experiences.


ANYWAY, Today we rode around West Mountain (though we only went half-way and turned around, rather than going to Genola, like we did last week). There is just something so beautiful about it. It doesn't look like the Utah that I'm used to, though I suppose that it is more of what the natural Utah looks like. There is a section that is so picturesque with an orchard on one side of the road, and Utah Lake on the other. It is flat gorgeous and it lets me feel like I'm getting away from everything. The lake is particularly beautiful in this section, and it seems so natural.


After the ride, I went back home, and got right back to studying. Unfortunately I was tired enough at this time that nothing really stuck. I headed out to dinner, and when I came back I had just enough time for a half-an-hour cram session. Then I ran to the testing center and did really horrible on my test. Since I started waking up earlier, life has been so much better, except for the fact that I'm mentally drained by the time the evening comes around.

And now, why the late post you may ask? I just got back from taking one of my friends to the ER. I was really glad that she called me, and that she felt comfortable enough to. I love being there for people. But as I said, it seems that life just gets more and more hectic, like everything wants to happen all at once, and I see no reason for things to slow down anytime soon (only 4 more weeks of classes--I had no idea until today)!

P.S. I got accepted to the internship in Mexico program. I'm still hoping to find an option here, but at least I know that Mexico is a possibility.

No comments: