Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Start of School

Right now, I should be doing homework, or fixing my resume, or something along those lines. But I'm sitting in class waiting to see if I can get into Rock Climbing. Who knows. It's pretty nerve-racking. So, blogging is the easiest thing for me to do to prevent the great emotions from running around in my mind.

The total waiting list number is 118.
...
I think I'm 85 or 87.
...
Two students so far.
...
Yes! I got in!

Compared to my classes that I've had over the summer, I'm not a fan of this semester. I now know that I will love grad school. During the summer I was taking graduate level Spanish classes, and we never had more than 12 students. They were fantastic. Most of my classes now are in an auditorium that fits around 300+ students. It'll be a bit tough. Rock climbing will make a great relief from my daily stress.

I was hoping to take ballet too, but I've injured my knee, and ballet doesn't fit into my schedule very well (I have three days where I'm not scheduled after 11:00 am, but I have ballet thrown in there at 2:30 -4:00). Too bad.

Good news: look forward to more posts about rock climbing adventures!

p.s. I got a job. It's a blessing, but it's also a trial. I dread it every morning, but I'm done with it quite quickly, and I'm so thankful that I can do something where I get paid while I do homework.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Congrats on getting into rock climbing my dear. I love you! Give me a call any time. :)

Raquel said...

ROCK CLIMBING! I'm so jealous. If i wasn't pregnant I'd try to join too.