Sunday, April 18, 2010

I Want

When life seems chaotic and disappointing, it's easy to become discouraged. But, even though there are some days that I'm hurt, and all I want to do is scowl at every creature that dares bug me, I'm drawn to the realization that today is the day to be the person that I want to be.

And I'm excited to know that I get to shape myself into the human being that I want to be.I want to be a woman who takes good care of herself. This means getting dressed before 2:00 in the afternoon like I do sometimes, and it means working out regularly and eating healthy. No more chocolate days where all I eat is cake.

I want to be gracious to those around me. To give thanks to those who help me and to spend my time helping and focusing on others. And actually write thank you notes for people who are awesome.

I want to be organized. I want to keep my room perfectly in order, keep my laundry caught up, and be punctual in everything I do.

I want to keep a budget. Make sure that I'm being responsible with my money and saving for a rainy day. ALWAYS keep expenditures less than income.

I want to take the time to enjoy nature (while fulfilling all of my responsibilities). I want to make sure that I take time away to go camping, or rock climbing, or sailing. Just do whatever to remember that God wants me to be joyful.

I want to take the time to study the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Yes, I read the scriptures, but I want to really study. To gain knowledge and understanding, and hopefully to be able to share that with others.

I want to be able to make the hard decisions in life, and to carry forward and onward without looking back. This is one things that I haven't been doing great recently, but I think I'm ready to finally do it.

I want to keep my commitments..... even if that's something as simple as sending an e-mail within an hour. I want to be someone that people know that they can always count on.

I want to keep my priorities in order, and I know, that as I live with a focus on the teachings of Jesus Christ, I'll be able to do that. And my priorities will make more sense.

And I want to be a better person tomorrow than I was today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post, Elizabeth! Can't wait to see you on Friday! Love your pictures in your sidebar!