Thursday, April 1, 2010

Without Water

I really do feel like a sailor stuck in the desert, now more than ever. This feeling comes for many reasons. One of them being that I'm tired of fighting so hard, and things don't really seem to be getting much better.Personally, I survive on my friendships, and I hate the way things are awkward now. I don't know which direction to move. I keep trying to take a step forward, but then my foot gets stuck in quicksand, and I have to reevaluate the situation with each step. It feels like I'm sinking rather than progressing. At this point, I find comfort in knowing that I can just try my best to be the person that I want to be, and then keep my actions in line with that person, and pray that the Lord will lead me.

From the looks of it, the BYU Sailing Club has seen some of its last days. There's a new regulation on clubs this year, and ours doesn't seem to have passed. I don't want to take this without a fight. It was the BYU Sailing Club that gave me some of my best college memories, and it was my leadership experience with the club that got me my job. I'm so thankful that I had the opportunity to come into a club that was so dependent on its student leaders. It was great. Anything that we wanted to do was possible. That meant trips to sail in southern waters when it was too cold here. It meant parties to celebrate 10 years of successful sailing. It meant races to challenge the skills of the students. It meant new regulations as desired by students to meet the changing needs of the club. This club was a big part of what made my college experience great, and it's quite painful watching it go down.

No comments: