Friday, April 16, 2010

First Few Blossoms

Sometime in the past week, I noticed what I've been looking for:

The trees are finally starting to blossom. The weather is warming up, and I've already spent some time on a motorcycle. And, although I'm mourning my lack of sailing this season, I'm really very thankful for this simple sign of hope.

Yesterday I went to a park to enjoy the warmth of the sun, and as I laid on my blanket, I looked up at the pretty white blossoms of a tree. If I was quiet enough I could hear the three bees buzzing around it, and the bird that kept flying around behind me. It was so pretty, and I'm so thankful that God gave that moment to me. The intricate balance of nature is amazing and the beautiful blue sky against the pretty white flowers with little green and pink in their centers caught me in awe.

And I couldn't help but feel hopeful for the future. I don't know exactly what it holds, but as spring is a time for new beginnings (Birthday, Graduation, Moving, New Job), it's quite appropriate. For even as the snows of winter melt away to reveal the beauty of new blossoms with time, things will look up. Keep going. Because, although things may get tougher before they get better--they WILL get better.

HOPE

No comments: