Sunday, December 21, 2014

Milestones

I just spent the past few minutes poking my baby girl just to make sure she was breathing. I know, rediculous, BUT I don't understand how babies sleep so quietly--ya know...except for when they don't sleep in the middle of the night. Anyway, we're on our way home from my aunt and uncle's house. Yes, right now at 11 pm.

I didn't even realize it was so late, but that's probably because tonight was the first night that Isla was one of the toddlers. She already moved from the baby class at daycare to the toddler class, but I haven't really gotten to see her in toddler action. She's still a bit apprehensive in unfamiliar situations, and she started out that way tonight. I started playing peek-a-boo with her to get her to cheer up. Well, her cousin Ellie picked up on it, because when I brought her to the movie room, to see if she wanted to be around the other toddlers, the three older girls made it a game to sit on the other side of the room and run up to Isla to say "boo"! In turn. With 3 toddlers, that's a never-ending cycle of boos. The boos eventually turned into "happy Halloween trick or treat". From that moment on, she wa ready to run around with the girls ... Today is also the first day that walking became her preferred method of transportation.

Before we left, I cut up some chicken so she wouldn't get hungry in the middle of the night. I think she gets distracted while eating, and it's been cutting into her sleep. We went and sat together at the toddler table while she ate. Of course, part way through, she looked like she was straining a bit, so I asked her if she wanted to potty, and she gave me the biggest smile ever. They have a baby/toddler seat that you just sit on top of the big potty. We got her on it, and sure enough she went #1&2. It was the first time that she has done that on a flushable potty.

I didn't get any pics tonight, but there were a few times today that I thought, 'I want to remember this moment forever.' It's so gratifying watching her learn and grow.

And now, it's off to bed for me. Good night!

No comments: