Monday, September 14, 2009

Rain (take 2)

It's pouring outside. I love it. Rain always provides me with an excuse to study on my couch rather than trek outside to some building where I can't be quite as comfortable and risk getting soaked.

We've had a lot of rain this year. It's been pretty amazing. I've got the sliding glass door cracked, and I'm watching a giant flag ripple and twist in the wind as the raindrops splatter against the glass. It's surprisingly sunny too.


It reminds me a little bit of the coast, and it reminds me of why it is that I love the beach so much. There's just something absolutely amazing about where the waves meet the land. The wind is stronger there, and the air holds the moisture of the ocean until it becomes too heavy to handle. As the water condensates on the dirt particles suspended in the air, they combine together until finally they fall back to the earth and the sea. In heavy rain, everything appears unified as you try to peer through the clouds and the rain. Its like the earth provides a fresh start (almost every afternoon in Florida) for itself, and it just reminds me that we have that opportunity every day too. One day I'm going to return to the coast.

{For now, I'm alive and well}

Edit: This song has been stuck in my head tonight. I figure it's appropriate to put on this post. I want to thank everyone who's been there for me this past month, especially those who have been in similar situations. Thank you for sharing your stories. Thank you for giving me hope. I don't know how I'd do it without you.



Lyrics:
So damn easy to say that life’s so hard
Everybody’s got their share of battle scars
As for me I’d like to thank my lucky stars that
I’m alive, and well

It’d be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me, I’m alive

And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessin' can’t you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I’m alive, and well
I’m alive, and well

Stars are dancin’ on the water here tonight
It’s good for the soul, when there’s not a soul in sight
But this boat has caught its wind and brought me back to life
Now I’m alive, and well

And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessing can’t you see
Today is the first day of the rest of my life
Now I’m alive, and well
Yeah I’m alive, and well

No comments: