Sunday, May 11, 2014

Grandma's Squash Casserole

2 lb squash - cook tender, drain and put in dish
3/4 cup grated cheese
2 eggs, beaten
10 Ritz crackers - crushed
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup sweet milk (1 Tbs heavy cream, fill the rest of the 1/2 cup measure with whole milk)
1 tablespoon butter
mix and pour over squash
sprinkle cheese over top

Squash casserole was one of my dad's favorites while I was growing up. I just wish I knew which recipe my mom made. When I saw that yellow squash was on sale this week, I decided to give this recipe a try. I am very fortunate in that I have been able told on to my grandma's recipe boxes since she passed. I have a dream of digitizing the whole thing, but it's tough b/c she has many different variations of each recipe, so here's hoping that the above is what I remember.

No comments: