Monday, December 14, 2009

Plotting a new course (Goals 4 and 5)

So, it's official! Everything in my life will be changing. Right now I should really be studying for finals, but I'll take care of that in a few minutes. Here are just some pieces of big news that I have for yall.

After a vigorous round of interviews, I accepted a job with Goldman Sachs. I am going to be an operations analyst with them in Salt Lake City, starting in May. This morning, they just verified with me that they have received my letter, and I will begin their background check process within a few weeks.

Also, I'm going to be interning with Big Heart Humanitarian, from January to April. I've always wanted to do humanitarian work, and for me, this will be a great opportunity to practice my Spanish, and to help children. Big Heart raises money to send kids to school in Guatemala. There the cost of tuition, books, and uniforms is so unaffordable for some families that children do not even get the opportunity to finish elementary school. We try to help with that and improve the literacy rate. I've always wanted to do something like this. I thought it would be in a different country, but it looks like I'll be doing it from Salt Lake. (my original/backup plan was to do an internship with a multinational company in Mexico, but not everyone in my life was supportive of that, and the cost was going to be very high, so I've decided to stick around Utah).

With all of this stuff going on, I've already started to look for apartments. I'm really excited to go pick my new place, and I also really enjoy looking at homes. I'm not planing on moving until May, but in any case, I'm excited about this new course in my life.

No comments: