Saturday, September 13, 2014

September Photos

Last week I was able to take a Lightroom class. It was simply incredible. I've been able to rescue so many photos that I had thought were unusable. I mean, I was always a little proud of the fact that I didn't edit my photos, but now I have so many more shots!

I did a Christmas shoot with Isla last year. I was going to use the photos for a birth announcement and send it out as a Christmas card, but I didn't really like how any of them turned out in the lowlight of that early December afternoon. Now I'm playing around with them to see if there's something else I can use them for.

In any case, I took the class because of my September challenge. And, in some ways Lightroom has derailed that challenge. I have imported all of my photos since 2010, and I'm discovering so many that I had forgotten I had. When I first set my September goal, I never thought I would edit photos, but my new goal for September is to post 30 edited photos on the blog. Maybe next month I'll try taking a photo a day...if Month End doesn't get in the way.

Since taking the class, I have also been following photo blogs, trying to figure out a style that I like. When B and I got married, I was really into the slightly antiqued look that still has plenty of color. Crickett and Kirstin were my wedding photographers, and they had the exact style I was looking for. And, if you hang out on Crickett's website long enough, you might even spot one of my wedding shots.

But right now, I'm completely enjoying the style of the Laho Wind blog. Kim is a professional photographer who is living in Puerto Rico on her sailboat right now.  But it's SUCH a different style. I wonder if I can marry the two?

Anyway, here are two shots from Isla's 9 month portraits today, edited in different styles, but I do like both!


It's funny. Looking at them now, they don't look very different, but BOY did I feel like they were worlds apart when I was editing!

No comments: