Friday, October 2, 2009

Success!

It's been a very busy week. I still have to finish some old posts, and they'll be on here shortly, but right now I'm feeling very contemplative. It's hard to express what I've been feeling in the past few weeks. Something between anger, betrayal, fear, and relief.

However, today was marvelous! Last week I went to the career fair at BYU. It was a neat experience, and I left at least five resumes. My goal for the day was to land at least one interview, and as it turns out, I did! On Friday I got a call from a financial group to come in for the interview. It was my first interview for a real job. This morning I was running in circles around my apartment trying to calm myself down. I finally got there, and chatted with the nice receptionist as I was waiting in the office. I have to say, now, I feel like the interview went quite well, and they've got me interested in the position.

The amazing thing is that this one interview gave me hope. Before I was just feeling fear about the huge decisions ahead of me. I felt totally unprepared to meet the world as a full-grown adult. Now I realize that I have true potential. I have options. I can make the move from the familiar school that I've had all of my life to the unfamiliar world of the workplace. It's a unknown world to me, but I'm ready for it. I'm ready to move to this new phase of my life. It will all work out.

So, for those of you wondering, I haven't been extended an offer, that comes later during the "interview process," however, I am interested, and I've decided to continue the process with this company.

Life, here I come.

1 comment:

Raquel said...

you're so motivating! did you get the job?