Sunday, July 12, 2009

Amy's Reception

On July 11th, I got to go to one of my friend's wedding receptions. It was so fun! She and I worked together last year at Charlotte-Russe. Amazingly, I'd still consider us friends. For me, she's just one of those people who you meet and want to know. I'm just thankful that she wants to hang out with me too! Unfortunately, her husband is a competitor of Branden's, so somehow, I don't the men will ever become "fast friends."

Amy's wedding reception was so beautiful. I've always said that I don't want to do something that anyone I know has done. Well, I've changed my mind!!! She did her reception at Sleepy Ridge Reception Center. It's on the Sleepy Ridge Golf Course, and you can see the lake from it!! I can't think of anything I'd want more. Her reception was so beautiful, and was the first reception that I've been to in Utah that seemed like a real reception to me. (It's funny, I even tried on the same wedding dress back when I was looking).

Here, normally people just have an open house. That means the bride and groom stand in a receiving line forever, have a dance (maybe), cut cake (maybe), and do the tosses (maybe). Not exactly something worth sticking around for. Amy's was a real reception. I got there pretty late (a little bummed that I was going by myself, and trying to scramble to get a nice gift (that I could afford) ready in time), but when I arrived, almost everyone was outside on the patio dancing! Real live dancing!!! I didn't realize that Utah crowds knew how to do that!

I got to spend some time with my old co-workers and just enjoy the ambiance. The wedding party had choreographed a few dances, and inside the food was delicious and the decorations were to die for (I think I almost did). Though, it stinks that I didn't take more pictures!

By the time Amy and Jimmy made it out to their car, their photographer and videographer ended up splitting, so I got to record the reaction of the bride and groom when they saw their ride!


I'm looking forward to taking Branden to Sleepy Ridge one day to show him my idea of a perfect reception venue. (And Amy, I'm hoping you don't hate me for wanting to copy your location).

No comments: