Wednesday, July 8, 2009

2 Year Anniversary


Like I mentioned, I went all out this year with July 4th themed gifts. I made the quilt/picnic blanket (Branden asked me if I was making a quilt and I said no, so it changed names). I also stuck a ped-egg type product from the dollar store in a bag from the dollar store and a million packages of coconut m&m's. Those are incredible if you've never tried them. My final gift was a scrapbook with memories from my journal, his texts, and pictures that we've gathered in the past 2 years. The only catch is that I've only completed the first page.

I can't believe that we've been together that long. We celebrated our Anniversary on Sunday, July 5th, because I made a mistake and didn't realize it was on the 6th until I pulled my journal out. For anyone who didn't know, we met just over two years ago. We can't deny that Heavenly Father had a hand in bringing us together.

I flew into Provo on the first day of school. I didn't want to go to school in the spring and hadn't planned on it, but I couldn't avoid it. I wasn't totally satisfied with my schedule, so I decided to look for something fun to take. After finding the sailing class, seeing that it was full, and the class period had already started, I gave up on it. But, after coming to that firm resolution, I changed my mind and decided to attempt the impossible. Well, at first I was on rocky ground, but when I told Skipper that I grew up sailing he immediately added me to the class.

Branden was in a similar situation. He had planned to leave Utah as soon as he graduated in April of 2007. But, he was given an amazing opportunity to deliver a sailboat from Hawaii to Los Angeles after the Transpac race, and he couldn't turn it down. So, against all odds, Branden decided to keep working his night job in Provo and wait out until the end of July and his trip to Hawaii. This means, he was available to help teach the sailing class.

I remember seeing him the first day, but I also saw that some girl was all over him and flirting up a storm. Not worth it. Not to mention, I was just ending a relationship at this time, and wasn't ready for anything new. We finally started talking towards the end of Spring term, and after the last class he asked me out.

Utah Lake on the evening of our first kiss.Of course I said yes! After some slight initial bumps, we started "hanging out" most days of the week. Our first kiss was at the end of the South Dock at Utah Lake State Park. Branden had asked me and my grandmother to lunch, but Grandma wasn't feeling well. He took me to Kneaders, and we went down to the lake to eat. We moved to the end of the dock to catch the sun set and in that perfect moment, someone started shooting fireworks off along the shore. I was so excited when our lips touched, but according to him, mine were super chapped. Lol. We soon became an item, and the rest, as they say, is history--only it isn't, because it's not over yet.

So, on Sunday after church, Branden took me on a drive up to the Nebo Loop. It was really fun. We ate potato chips and oreos left over from July 4th and got a beautiful view of Utah Lake that I've never seen before. It was so awesome having that time just to talk to my sweetheart and enjoy the beautiful nature with which Heavenly Father blesses us.

In case anyone's wondering what Branden got me for our anniversary, the truth is I can't decide. He gave me the choice between:
  1. A Spa Package,
  2. A Sewing Machine (It would be new and really work, unlike my other one),
  3. A New Car Key (remember how mine doesn't actually start my car anymore?), or
  4. A Handgun (And I know I'm not the only one who feels pressed to get one before our country decides that they're illegal--which I pray doesn't happen).
So what do you think?

No comments: