Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Classic Entertainment

So, for those of you who don't know, I'm currently on a classic TV kick: Bewitched, the Wonder Years, My Three Sons, The Brady Bunch. But -- my top favorite has got to be I Dream of Jeannie. The other show that I've gotten hooked on with my roommates is What I Like About You. I basically want to be (a less insane version of) Val.

I was just wasting time tonight, when I did a search of I Dream of Jeannie, and found out that a motion picture remake is scheduled for 2010. Seeing as how they don't even have a cast posted on imdb.com yet, I'm assuming that it's not going to happen that soon. Early picks for the actress to play Jeannie included Lindsay Lohan, but that was over 5 years ago that that was announced, and the girl's got a black mark all over her now.

After trying to figure out who would be a good Jeannie, I think I finally have it... Jennie Garth. If only I could ge the producers to see that, and to stick Jennie in a time machine to take off the few years since her What I Like About You days. But then again... she is only 36, and Barbara Eden was 30 at the time she started playing Jeannie. My other pick of course would be myself. Haha. Wouldn't that be fun? If only I acted...

No comments: